Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow.

I have toyed with the idea of putting in a garden.

But I am reluctant. I have a black thumb.
A big, black, plant killing thumb.

I have tried to grow plants in the past. Sigh.
Poor plants, they never did anything to anyone.
To live such a short life to die a horrible strangulating death from lack of water.

Did you know, I killed an aloe vera plant once?
A cactus!
They thrive in some of the most inhospitable environments on Earth.
And I bring one home and proceed to torture it to death.

My Mom is a great gardener.
She can throw a seed onto the concrete and it will grow into a flowering vision of beauty.

I think Mom devotes so much time to her gardening because she hates to mow.
Slowly, she is filling her yard with flower beds and lilly ponds. I believe the reason behind this is to cut WAAAY down on the mowable yardage.

I mentioned my garden idea to Randy the other day, he just laughed.

He knows me to well.


No comments:

Post a Comment