Sunday, October 18, 2009

My first time.

The title sounds provocative, doesn't it? Well get your mind out of the gutter. I mean my first time to blog.
I have heard the term "blog" for quite a while. I knew in general what it meant but had no real experience with blogging. So, here I am at my computer at 7:02 a.m. on a Sunday morning, blogging for the first time in my life.
I should probably tell a few details about myself before we go any further. I am a beautiful, fantastically fit with a genious level IQ. I wish.
In truth, I am a 40 something woman, cute, NOT physically fit, with an above average IQ. But don't we all see ourselves a little better in our minds eye than we do in a mirror.
I love to laugh and make people laugh. And I must confess I am pretty good at it with the people I know. I would love to earn a living at laughter. I know, I know there is always stand up comedy. Yea, no. I am not the stand up type. I am more the sit down type. I would rather do it with the written word, hence the blog. I also need to hone the writing and typing skills. You will agree if you read long enough. I have dislexic fingers and they tend to type words before my mind has even thought of the next one. I do a lot of backspacing and deleting.
I would really like to write books that make people laugh, for a living. But I have so much angst over the "getting started" process. I just can't start. I have to be prepared, but I don't know how to be prepared. I need the right stuff, the right place, the right skill, the right blah blah blah. It is very frustrating not having the "right stuff". I can hear my Mom in the back of my head saying "if you are just going to do it half-assed, don't do it at all". How can I go against my Mom for heavens sakes. If I don't have the "stuff" to do it right, then I can't do it at all! When I mention to my Mom that those words are holding me back from being creative and adventurous, she just laughs. She has ZERO sympathy.
So, I am going to do it. I am going to free myself from the silly sayings of my past and get down to business of writing. And this is how I am going to do it. A blog.

My blog virginity has been lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment